St Albans RFC offers Sunday morning Mini and Youth rugby for children aged 5 to 14 years.
Supervised by RFU accredited coaches, mini-rugby is a wonderful opportunity for children to become involved in a sport based on teamwork and individual skill, yet with a strong focus on friendship and participation.
At St Albans RFC Minis, our approach to rugby is simple: whether training or playing in a match, each mini-player should try their best, respect the Core Values of Rugby* and have as much fun as possible.
Our inclusive approach to the game and friendly atmosphere around the club make it simply 'a nice place to be' on a Sunday morning. Our club house is directly next to our pitches so our parents can enjoy refreshments and convivial conversation under cover or inside, while watching their children have a load of rugby-based fun, just a few meters away.
Our players enjoy:
Our parents enjoy:
- Dedicated coaches in every age-group
- Small group sizes
- No waiting lists!
- Friendly team spirit
- Inclusion: if you play for
the club, you play in
- Plenty of parking
- Top quality cafe
- A friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Inclusion: St Albans is a club, not a business. If you'd like to be actively involved with your child's rugby, you can.
We play against local Herts/Beds teams, at Herts RFU Minis festivals and in The Oakman Cup; a unique competition organised by our sponsors and played at Allianz Park, home of the Saracens.
*The Core Values of Rugby:
- Teamwork; Respect; Enjoyment; Discipline; Sportsmanship... are a large part of what makes rugby a special game. At St Albans RFC Minis, all adults and children adhere to these values, enjoying the environment and culture they create around the club. (Visit the official RFU Core Values of Rugby).